Monday, January 6, 2014

When I see pregnant women I tend to....

There are pregnant women left and right.
They're on TV, in magazines, walking next to me, shopping around me... etc.
They are everywhere.



When I see a pregnant woman I tend to cringe inside.
I can't help but get sad and feel awkward around them knowing that I will never be able to experience what they are going through.
I know that I should be happy for the mother-to-be but I can't help but feel angry.
I know that I shouldn't be angry because it's not their fault I was born without a cervix.
I can't even be mad at myself, but sometimes I can't help but shut the world out.

When I see a pregnant woman and how happy she looks to be pregnant, I get a knot in my throat.
I stare at their beauty of being able to bear a child inside of them.
I stare at how gracefully they walk with the tummy growing each day.
I stare at the amazement that the female body is capable of doing such a thing.

When I see a pregnant woman I can't help but approach them and tell them how beautiful they look.
No one understands the beauty of pregnancy and how much it means to me.
I can't help but cherish every pregnant woman I see. I always congratulate them.

When I see a pregnant woman, I tend to day dream.
I long to wake up one day to a baby bump growing out of my body, but I know that it's impossible.
A girl can dream right?

When I see a pregnant woman,
I sigh in silence and continue walking my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment