Thursday, December 19, 2013

The famous "You can always adopt" response.

One of my huge pet peeves if not my number one pet peeve is when people tell me "You can always adopt".

Okay, I understand that adoption is one my choices but that doesn't make me feel complete.



That doesn't bring joy to me. That doesn't help me feel better, at all. It just reminds that people out there are clueless when it comes to MRKH and that needs to change.

I open up about my syndrome constantly to people so they won't take their periods for granted as I have stated in my past blogs.

Since day one all five of my doctors have told me the famous "You can always adopt".
My own mother has said "You can always adopt".
My roommates have said "You can always adopt".
My co-workers have said "You can always adopt".
etc...

I get it. They don't really know what to respond to such a story, so they tell me that I can adopt.
I just feel as if I am fighting this war alone.

I can't log onto social media without seeing a post about someone I know being pregnant. It's harsh.
I get angry. Why was I born like this? I'm a good person, right? How come it has to be me?
Countless emotions run through my head, but at the end of the day, I have no control over this.
I was born this way.

I do look forward to adopting a daughter or a son or maybe even both.
The day I bring my daughter home will be the happiest moment of my life, besides my wedding of course.

But until then, I will continue to live my life and grow as an individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment