Monday, January 6, 2014

Dealing with college and MRKH

A short post about how I tend to blend MRKH with school


Being a college student, you can already imagine how stressed I am and now trying to live my life knowing that I will never be able to conceive a child is even more stressing.


Not a day goes by that I don't think about how good of a mother I could be. 
Could be? No, will be. The fact that I have MRKH does not define that I will never be a mother. 
I am looking forward to adopt as I have stated in my previous posts. 

In my communications class we had to present a persuasive speech, I decided to persuade my classmates to adopt. I opened up to the class about MRKH and why adoption is important to me.
You better believe I had the class, including the professor in tears.
It wasn't my intention to make them sad and feel sorry for me no, on the contrary I despise when people tell me that they are sorry. They're not. They don't know.
I know that my class left school that day with considering adoption. 
& that was all that mattered. 

I tend to keep myself busy so I won't think about my syndrome, but with pregnant women being everywhere, it is really hard to avoid. 
I am only 19 and I am in no rush to have kids, but when the moment comes, and it comes down to starting a family. I know it is going to be a very hard time in my life.
All I have to do right now is prepare myself for it. There's nothing else. 

When I start to get sad about it, I remind myself that I have no control about having MRKH.
I was born this way. I will adopt. I have other purposes in life.
I have my dream career to pursue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment