Friday, September 5, 2014

Supporting my MRKH sisters.

Support.
What is the definition of support?.. to help, to uphold, to serve as a foundation... to be there for someone.


My MRKH sisters are the best supportive system I have alongside my family and my boyfriend.
They are the only ones who understand how I feel everyday.
These girls know how it feels to wake up and be numb to the feeling of being able to start your own family.
They understand how I feel whenever someone I personally tells me that they're pregnant.
My MRKH sisters know what it is like to have back pain 24/7.
They know how much we hate going to the doctor because all they ever talk about is the multiple surgeries we can get.
These girls know what is like to feel different around a group of girls.
They know how awkward it gets when our friends talk about their period and we sit there not knowing what to say because we have never had one.
They know what it is like to have to tell the person they love that we will never be able to give them a child.
They know what it is like to tell our parents we won't be able to make them grandparents.

We are here for one another whether we are in a different state, time zone or even different country.
We are the 1 in 5,000 women.

The purpose of this blog post is to tell you all about one of my MRKH sisters who is brave enough to get the surgery.

Here is a little bit about her self:

"Hi, my name is Kayla Ackerman, I am 20 years old and when I was 16 years old my life was changed when I was told that I was born with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome or better known as MRKH. With this type of syndrome I was born without my uterus, I don't  have a period and I'll never be able to carry my own child. I've always struggled with feeling different compared to everyone else. Then in November of 2013 I found out another thing this syndrome robbed from me was the ability to have a deep intimate relationship like a normal person and because of this I suffered an episiotomy and a fistula. I am now facing 3 separate surgeries. With these upcoming surgeries it will fix my health and finally give me the little bit of normality that I've always wanted"

If you would like to know about her story, here is the link to her gofundme account where she is asking for donation for her surgery.
http://www.gofundme.com/e0cs98
Kayla, if you read this, I applaud you. You are an inspiration to us girls with MRKH. You are taking a HUGE step in your life that many of us have yet to take. 

God bless you Kayla.
Because of you, I have found more strength in myself.


-xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment