Thursday, December 19, 2013

Finding someone who will accept me for me.

Growing up you see how your parents are in love, and you think to yourself one day I will have a house of my own with my husband, kids and a few pets. You see it on TV, couples in love and starting a family. You see it on social media, so and so are newlyweds and are expecting. Well, you get my point, it's everywhere.

I do a lot of reading and what has caught my attention recently is how some girls with MRKH are worried that they won't find their "true love" with the condition that they have. They are scared to open up to a guy and share their condition because they don't want to be shunned out.

Believe me, I was scared too, I still am scared that one day my mother in law will not accept me because I will not be able to give her one of the greatest gifts of life, grandchildren.

I am writing to let my MRKH sisters know that they will find their significant other one day and he will accept you for who you are. It might not be easy to open up to him about your condition, but if he genuinely cares, he will love you no matter what.

You can say that I am speaking from experience.

I am currently in the best relationship a girl could ask for. My significant other is the most supportive person thus far with my condition. It wasn't easy telling him about my condition, he was confused but he understood.
He was very intrigued in the condition and asked a thousand questions. When I go to the doctor he is always there calling me and texting me asking me to tell him what the doctor said. He is my number one supporter.
He has accepted me with this condition and helps me to not think about it a lot. He ALWAYS   and I repeat ALWAYS has me looking at the bright side of my condition. He has no clue how grateful I am for him.

So to my fellow MRKH sisters, there IS love out there for every single one of you. Do not let MRKH keep you from falling in love and sharing your life. It is a beautiful thing to be in love.

Don't be shy.


1 comment:

  1. Great post! My husband is the same way about my condition. From the moment I first told him about it, his biggest concern has been for me and my happiness and well-being. Sometimes in the middle of my insecurities, I start to worry that my in-laws will like their 5 other daughters-in-laws (future, none of my brothers-in-law are married yet) more than me, since our children won't be genetically related. I know it's all in my head and that that won't happen, but it still gets to me on my "down" days. In reality, my in-laws have been very supportive. There's an occasional "why wont you do ivf" question from them, but we've decided adoption is what we will pursue when we are ready to be parents.

    ReplyDelete