Saturday, January 31, 2015

20 & Knowing what you want to accomplish.

20 & knowing what you want to accomplish. 

I am always working on new projects, whether its for work/school/internships or being a part of new organizations. 
People always come to me for advice and I get asked 
"How do you manage to get everything done?"

Here are a few tips to balance life:

1) Keep a planner. 

  • I always keep a planner that I set out the important due dates of school and work. 
  • I include when assignments are due and when my next exam is.
  • I write out my work schedule. 
  • I keep my planner color coordinated so I know how to tell which is which.
2) Know what you want to accomplish.
  • You simply need to WANT to do it in order to accomplish it.
  • Sure, there are things you HAVE to do but no one MAKES you.
  • Wake up every morning with a purpose. 
3) Balance your time.
  • Again, this is when the planner comes in handy.
  • Jot down from what time to what time you want to work on something.
  • It will motivate you to finish project #1 before starting project #2.
4) Use your resources. 
  • Never let your pride get in your way. 
  • At one point you will get stuck and will need guidance, ask for advice.
  • & when you're stuck, don't feel bad. No one is perfect. 
  • I have mentors/advisors that have given me great advice. I am where I am because of them.
5)  Remember to enjoy yourself.
  • If you are hating life with everything you take on, it's not for you.
  • You're an adult now. You have to take charge of your own life. 
  • No ones knows what you do/don't like better than yourself, so you decide. 
At the end of the day if you are not content with your life, it's time to make a change. 
The world is WAY too big to stay comfortable. 
Be courageous, seek adventures. Enjoy life. 
-G.

No comments:

Post a Comment